Loading, Please Wait...
Albany, NY, Sept. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With rising health care costs on the minds of many, CDPHP is pleased to announce it’s holding the line on commercial small group and individual rates for 2019, with no or low rate increases for many of its commercial plans. The Albany, N.Y.-based health plan has been able to keep prices down by building and maintaining strong physician partnerships, thereby reducing costs through innovation and patient-centered care. All of this has resulted in direct savings for our members and employers.
“For more than 30 years, CDPHP has stayed true to our roots as a physician-founded, community-based health plan that offers more than just health insurance,” said CDPHP president and CEO, Dr. John D. Bennett. “For 2019, we’ve taken innovation to the next level with products and services designed to keep our members happy, healthy, safe, and secure,” added Bennett.
Here's what’s in store:
• Access to the Essential Plan – CDPHP members who don’t qualify for Medicaid or Child Health Plus could enroll in the Essential Plan for as little as $20 per month.
• Expansion of telemedicine services – CDPHP is expanding its partnership with Doctor On Demand, offering live video doctor visits with medical, and now, mental health professionals. Doctor On Demand is the nation’s leading telemedicine app that offers a cost-effective alternative to urgent care or the emergency room.
• $600 fitness reimbursement – CDPHP commercial members and their families who join a gym and show proof of use will receive up to a $600 reimbursement toward their membership fees.
• Weight-loss program coverage – Programs such as Weight Watchers, Kids on the Move, and Next Steps will be covered for in full for all CDPHP commercial members. Kids on the Move and Next Steps, a functional fitness program, are offered through the Rudy A. Ciccotti Family Recreation Center.
• Diabetes Prevention Programs – Coverage for all qualified members who participate in a nationally-recognized Diabetes Prevention Program.
• Personalized CaféWell programming – CDPHP will continue its close partnership with CaféWell, a health optimization platform offering customized healthy living programs. CDPHP has also expanded this partnership to include partner organizations Canary Health and Propeller Health, offering diabetes and asthma management services for qualified individuals.
• Zipongo digital nutrition platform – Zipongo takes the guesswork out of healthy eating. Members will receive personalized recommendations for what to buy at the grocery store and how to prepare it to improve health and reduce instances of chronic disease.
Unless otherwise specified, all products listed will be available to members effective January 1, 2019.
Earlier this year, CDPHP announced plans to bring its award-winning coverage to the North Country, expanding its service area across all lines of business in Clinton, Franklin, Essex, and Warren Counties.
For the second year in a row, CDPHP has ranked “Highest in Member Satisfaction among Commercial Health Plans in New York” in the J.D. Power 2018 Member Health Plan Study. The study measures member satisfaction among 163 health plans in 22 regions across the country.
Natalia Burkart CDPHP 518-641-5046 email@example.com